Friday, January 14, 2005

pyramids on the niLe

A restaurant in Boston.

BT and AMB alone, having dinner.


BT: We've got two senior partners basically in the respective palms of Ling and Nelle.

AMB: Come on Billy, I'll be the first to admit I pre-judged Nelle, she's a decent person, and...

BT: I'm not saying it's some evil conspiracy, but Ling upsets the balance to the extent that her business raises out all business, and Ally, if she comes in charge she'll be able to turn Richard and John !

AMB: So what do we do ?

BT: I don't know, but we're about to lose everything that we...

AMB: I think you're overreacting. (pause) Billy, what's wrong ? (he looks at her, very sad) Oh God, you're not gonna tell me you're dying or something ?

BT: I can't...

AMB: Billy, what's going on ?

BT: Umm...Remember how we said, whatever we'll become we can't be anything but truthful with each other ?

AMB: Yeah.

BT: I.... When I see you with Greg, when I see you... I love Georgia, and I've been able to do a damn good job of denying the truth... That I never loved anybody like I loved and still love you. When I saw you two kissing this morning, my insides just screamed... I can't keep this for myself anymore... I can't keep it to myself.

AMB: I think you should have.(she starts to gather her things) I'm gonna go...

BT: Ally...

AMB: Oh no, that was a little too much truth, Billy... (she leaves)

AMB running in the streets that evening.

Vonda Shepard is singing "Hundred Tears away".
011405fri162304

No comments: