weLL...this may go for on and on,, but i think i started becoming a fan because of the song "DRIVE' that made waves all around the world reaching the philppines whrere i am from.. i was still in highschool then,, i dont have a specific genre that i only listen to but i really like the song,, and then i saw the video with the very hot brandon boyd singing, my jaw dropped and my heart raced.. and then i fell in love.. ^_^
so i did some research about them, and found out that they have been in the scene for a long time already,,
one of the first songs that became my favorite then was 'WARNING'.. until i heard 'I MISS YOU' which until now is still on top of my list.. i think,, it's a battle between 'DIG' and 'I MISS YOU'..
well it's not just Brandon Boyd's surfer bod and sexy voice and their music of course, that magnitized me.. i think it's their way of expressing art.. i'm a frustrated artist in all angles..
i blame lack of resources, lack of exposure and inspiration... heck, i can blame anything it's just that i envy the way the band express their own art...
- i'm a frustrated drummer: i have my 'sensei' who teaches me the easiest ways to play songs,, but cr*p i lack hands and feet coordination, i also dont have my own drumset *donations please*
- i'm a frustrated painter: OMG i don't even know where to start. i have nothing with regard to painting,, but i always conceive paintings in my head..
- i'm a frustrated poet: i bLog and have all my thoughts run from my head to the tip of my fingers..and on my blogsite at MULTIPLY which i call "NOODLE TRASHBIN" you know noodle=brain, trashbin=literally the trashbin, haha
- i'm a frustrated photographer: i loaded my dad's SLR camera and took shots without even knowing how to maximize everyshot, you know the apperture, focus, autofocus, exposure and all that jazz...
- i'm a frustrated interior designer: when i was a kid,i wanted to be an interior designer, you know and decorate rooms and all,, but growing up, i thought i should do something more practical,, yes it can be lucrative but in a ratio of, i dont know, 1 out of a hundred?
i always wish, to be like brandon boyd, (he's the one i read about a lot, but i love the whole band) you know the way he expresses art, deviant of not, create books, songs and all..
i think i'd have to blame lack of talent on my end.. (self-pity)
but hey i'm a fan,, if you're one too, i bet i don't really have to tell you the reason why..