Hindi ko alam kung kelan na-implement tong new process of obtaining NBI clearance. In a nutshell, you have to create an online account first and set an appointment beforehand to apply for an NBI Clearance.
There are other blogs na mas detailed ang pag tackle sa steps but generally here's how it goes:
1. Create an online account @ clearance.nbi.gov.ph/
2. Once you have an account click on APPLY FOR CLEARANCE
3. Select the branch wher you'd like to obtain your clearance
4. Set your appointment schedule
5. Select payment option - either thru Bank (over the counter or online banking), Mobile or Bayad Center
6. If you've made a payment ahead, you can go straight to Biometrics and have your photo taken
7. Clearance to be printed shortly after
Hindi ko alam kung lahat ng satellite branches require paying ahead. Based on my experience ganon sa Robinson's Dasmariñas Satellite branch. When I went to SM Centre Las Piñas naman, parang they don't require you to pay ahead. Madaming din naga-assist and some would even help you to create an online account. In my opinion though, mas convenient kung bayad ka na bago ka magpunta sa NBI branch of your choice.
Although I've also read some comments sa forum that they had to go back after certain number of days dahil may hit sa name nila -- appears to be some what caused by the new system.
Anyway, I think if everyone knows about this process, mas convenient talaga sya. I remember standing in queue for hours just to get this processed. Pero with this new system, saglit na saglit lang ako sa Satellite office.
something infiniteLy interesting