Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Fault in our Stars Review



One of the main reasons why I decided to read this book is because I know a film is coming out. This is my come-back (to reading) book and my first from John Green.
I didn't have any kind of expectation -- I didn't read the synopsis and didn't watch the trailer. I must say, I was entertained and was very impressed.
The story is about 2 cancer patient teens-- Hazel and Augustus; how they go about their day to day life surving cancer, interaction with their families and how they formed their own infinity.
I got hooked right away actually --
"Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed,".
The way the lines are delivered is intelligent but not difficult to understand. One of my favorites is
"Above us, the wind blew and the branching shadows rearranged themselves on our skin. " Can't point a finger but that was memorable for me.
Another one is: "My thoughts are stars i can't fathom into constellations"
These are the kinds of lines I wish I wrote.
I have never felt so much for a book. I laughed,got excited, got curious, got heart-broken, I cried -- and cried some more.
I don't know much about classifying books or identifying a particular genre, but I think this book will surely entertain a wide range of audience.
This is definitely a must-read.










something infiniteLy interesting

3 comments:

Rae A. said...

Hmmm... I might just read this. I'm afraid it was going to be very sad and I'm not in a good place to read sad books right now.

Rae A. said...

Maybe it can help with the stuff I'm dealing with.

Christian Kathleen Gabales said...

It's a good read, unless you recently suffered from loss of a loved one then skip it