The aroma of coffee and pancake this morning is bringing me comfort. The question “When was the last time you felt “it can’t get better than this?” popped in my head. I was, in an utterly brief moment sort of at peace at the way things are. But almost instantly my brain started going to places I didn’t want to think about.
If only I can herd these thoughts and have them stay inside a barn in my brain a little longer while I enjoy the outcome of all my life choices and actions or the lack of it.
If I don’t keep myself busy, that’s what happens, I keep on ruminating the what ifs and what could’ve been. Though I realize I don’t know if I have the will to exert the same effort and to sacrifice things that maybe others did to get to where they are and to have what’s on their hands.
I know, I know! I shouldn’t be comparing.
On another unrelated note. No Copilot! Stop suggesting for things to be more concise for the benefit of my imaginary reader! This (gesture both hands to show this) is the clearer version of my thoughts.
Off to my other chores now.
No comments:
Post a Comment