Saturday, December 31, 2016

WDTFH

What Does The Future Hold?
So Starbucks is asking me to set my goals for the year. Travel, exercise, learn, friends, play, adventure, experience, and family. I’d say, thanks Starbucks for giving me some kind of a guide for me to set my short term goals. I am just thankful you skipped the “career” category; otherwise I will probably descend into my “idkwhattodowithmylife” blues. Great, thanks self for bringing that up.
Anyway, there’s actually this “30 Turning 30 To Do List” that I am trying to come up with. Obviously it’s just going to be for the first quarter of 2017 and I am actually planning on accomplishing what’s on there as soon as I finish the silly list. And I will soon! I already have 29 things in there (but some might be taken off) and some stuff that’s shortlisted. I’m giving other people a chance to suggest a thing to do, so as soon as I make up my mind, I will make that list official. Please do not expect much. I wanted to make sure it stays realistic and something that I can accomplish within the next 4 months with my 40 hour/week job.
Going back to the Starbucks questionnaire, I think I will take this seriously. Like actually think what I want for 2017 and maybe will stick to it. Eyes on the prize.   
TRAVEL  - I promise to stay away from Cebu Pacific’s website especially when they are on sale! I do have a trip booked for the month of March. I also pitched a quick Baler (yes again, for me) trip with Boss by February. Other than those two, God help me, hope there wouldn’t be any other impulsive booking for 2017. Another local trip by 3rd quarter maybe, and I guess that should be it.
EXERCISE – How long have I wanted abs like mother Kayla (Itsines). Her program is only for 12 weeks, yet here I am writing about it instead of actually starting it (again for the nth time).  I don’t think I want to set any kind of goal about exercise. I don’t know. My main obstacle is my laziness. Instead of writing an exercise goal, I will find a "motivation to move" goal if that makes sense.
LEARN – One of the things listed in my 30T30TDL is to learn a song playing the guitar. I’ll try my best! Wish me luck. 
FRIENDS – I know I spend too much time with Team Gastritis compared to my other friends. It’s just that they are the most kaladkarin group of people I know right now. I really want to spend some quality time with my highschool barkada, but they can’t even say hi on Viber. So, I’ll just wait til they set something up, and try my best to be available. 
ADVENTURE – I know there are plenty of things to do that would constitute as an adventure, but most of them burn pockets. That March travel I mentioned is actually a Solo Trip. I will consider that as my adventure for 2017. As to the specifics of what I’ll do during that trip, I will (or will not) let you know.
PLAY – Seriously, what is this? Instrument? Sports? Have fun? Wow fun, came last. I’m sure I’ll write something down as soon as I figure out what Starbucks is looking for in this category.
EXPERIENCE – I am so open to anything that I will not limit my experience goal to the ones that’s on my 30T30TDL. This, I will focus on more. 
FAMILY – I want to spend more time with my niece and nephews. Yeah yeah, brothers and sisters too! As to having my own, not something I can tell would happen by 2017. 

There Starbucks. Goals --- I think they unfold as life happens. I am not going to put a boundary to what I should accomplish for 2017 with the things I have written here. So whether I should claim this will be my year or not, it’s still my life. Every year should be my damn year!
Bye 2016, you have been sufficiently costly.

No comments: